Welcome to the RFJ forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

New Member Jason Potter

More
2 months 5 days ago #672 by JasonPotter
Hello everyone.  My name is Jason, and I am very glad to be here.  I grew up around road racing on the West Coast (IMSA Camel GT, SCCA, and other various clubs) and that is my primary interest.  I joined the Navy out of high school and at my first duty station in San Diego I was introduced to NASCAR Late Model stock cars at the now defunct El Cajon Speedway.  I was hooked, it was really a lot of fun.  Fast forward 20ish years or so and my wife and I are settled outside of Jacksonville Florida, and I discovered the interesting world of dirt oval karting.  I enjoyed the racing portion and for the most part the people, but not the super late nights.  So, we transitioned into LO206 sprint karts for a few years, and I discovered about this time last year that I just was not having enough fun to justify the time/energy/$$$ I was spending.  I had kicked the idea of iRacing around a couple of years ago, and just couldn't talk myself into it.  Anyhow, I jumped in last June and began running the F4 almost exclusively.  I did that for about 6 months or so until I got so frustrated with the driving standards that I abandoned it completely.  I will probably try to run the I'MSAved series on Sunday nights, and maybe some of the Wednesday night stuff as well once the school year ends.  I want to try the LMSC as well, but I know that I am not that great in that car.  I would really like to find a team to do some endurance racing somewhere down the line.  

Anyhow, that is kind of me in a nutshell.  I run my own small business, and my wife works for UGA as a county 4H representative, so if you are ever in the Jacksonville area on the Georgia side, let me know and we can get together for coffee or something.   

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 months 4 days ago #673 by MarkAndersen
Welcome to RFJ Jason!  I think you will find the driving standards and driver attitudes more to your liking.  I usually race on Monday Trucks and Saturday IndyCars, so I may not see you on the track too often.  Also, check out our Discord page if you haven't yet, that is where most of the chatting among the members happens.

God bless!
-Mark

More
1 week 5 days ago #683 by GlennP
Replied by GlennP on topic New Member Jason Potter
Jason welcome to RFJ. I hope you've been enjoying the I'Msaved series. I hope you find racing with us much more relaxing than what you're used to. Please feel free to join any of our other series at any time. We have no problem welcoming new drivers into each series. Thank you for your military service. Myself as well as a few others are also veterans.

Time to create page: 0.453 seconds