Welcome to the RFJ forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

New Member: Kris Boultbee

More
1 year 4 months ago #548 by KrisBoultbee
Hello all,

I just joined and I'm looking forward to getting involved in a racing community.

I am a recent joiner of iRacing but I've been dabbling with sim racing since the old Papyrus days of IndyCar and IndyCar2. I would come home on my lunch hour in highschool and turn laps at Laguna Seca.

I picked things up again in the early 2000's when SimBin started making some good sims and built my first sim rig using a Logitech Driving Force Pro and a seat out of my old '85 CRX. This is when it really started to come alive with triple monitors and actual force feedback.

Because of life, thing died down until about 2 years ago when I finally decided to build a "real" aluminum profile rig. Being an engineer it took me forever to overanalyze every aspect of the build. Finally settled on triple 32" screens, and a Fanatec CSL DD and Clubsport pedals. I had no idea what I was missing using my old Logitech wheel. It's like night and day. You can feel everything it seems. I don't know how some of you use direct drive wheels that produce 20+ Nm or torque. Eight Nm is exhausting enough as it is.

I started with Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizione on the rig to get used to it and resisted the urge to join iRacing. I finally pulled the trigger in December over Christmas break and I've *loved* the racing on there. I worked to get my C license in road and got there. I've been only running road cars essentially like the GR86, Miata and now GT4. I need to expand to some open wheel racing because that's what I really love.

I grew up near Indianapolis in the late 80's and 90's so I was bound to be an IndyCar fan. My wife and I go to the Indy GP every year and soon we'll be taking our young son when he gets old enough to be at something for that long of a time. Working on creating the next generation of racing fan. He already wears his Scott Dixon shirt for every race we watch on TV. :)

I'm looking forward to connecting with some of you in some nice racing and getting my feet wet. Thanks for letting me join.

Kris

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #551 by GlennP
Replied by GlennP on topic New Member: Kris Boultbee
Welcome Kris! Thanks for sharing about yourself. You have a common background like so many of us. Sounds like you will fit right in. Looking forward to racing with you. If there's anything we can do to help please don't hesitate to ask.

More
1 year 4 months ago #556 by MarkAndersen
Welcome Kris!  I run the Monday Truck and the Saturday IndyCar races.  Sounds like you are an Indy fan, so come join us on Saturday mornings for some IndyCar racing with other Indy fans.

More
1 year 4 months ago #557 by KrisBoultbee
I will definitely be joining the IndyCar races on Saturday when I have the time to do it. I believe I have to purchase a car to do it though.

Time to create page: 0.399 seconds